- First in world to receive AAR approval for non-metallic strapping.
- Higher dynamic performance than steel.
- Superior tensile strength and elongation capacity.
- Better shock absorption.
- Excellent load-shifting control.
- Constant optimal tension.
- Total technical support to adapt products to specific needs.
- Rigorous quality control.
- Best quality/price ratio on market.
- Tough enough to endure temperatures of -60c – 150c.
- Safe and will not lash out and cut.
- User friendly at only 1/7th the weight of steel.
- Versatile and adapts to any size and shape and will not rust, stain or mar merchandise.
- Cost effective.
- Shock absorbent.
- Easy to dispose of.
- Custom printing availabe.
- Damage claims reduced.
CARISTRAP & THE RAILROAD INDUSTRY
Caristrap was the first in the world to receive AAR approval for cord strapping in the lumber industry in 1987, and this was the result of many years of the most vigorous testing and 1000’s of railcar lumber loads that were successfully shipped throughout Canada and the U.S.A..
The Railroad Industry
The use of polyester cord strapping to secure materials such as lumber, roll paper, chemical drums etc. has expanded rapidly over the last years as shippers face growing safety and environmental concerns. Our polyester cord strapping meets three goals of safe materials handling (eliminates the risks of injury to shipping personnel, locks the cargo in place with a shock-absorbing product capable of withstanding rail transport dynamics and rough handling, and reduces the amount of dunnage that ultimately has to be disposed of with polyester cord strapping).
The versatile use of non-metallic strapping in the rail environment as approved by the association of american railroads, provides shippers and their clients with a safe load securement system substitute to steel strapping. Enhanced security and reduced damage throughout the materials handling process benefit shippers and their clients.
Caristrap’s CAT38 Pneumatic Tensioner is ideal for any heavy duty tensioning application, or for those who have many loads to strap on a daily basis. Caristrap’s CAT38 Pneumatic Tensioner is not only effortless, it is also the strongest synthetic steel tensioner available. It uses compressed air to torque the strapping for you, so that even the biggest cargo will be safely and solidly secured, with no excertion on your part! The CAT38 Pneumatic Tensioner is also the obvious choice for anyone who straps cargo on a daily basis. It will prevent fatigue and injury caused by repetitive hand tensioning, all while delivering a consistently secure load.