- First in world to receive AAR approval for non-metallic strapping.
- Higher dynamic performance than steel.
- Superior tensile strength and elongation capacity.
- Better shock absorption.
- Excellent load-shifting control.
- Constant optimal tension.
- Total technical support to adapt products to specific needs.
- Rigorous quality control.
- Best quality/price ratio on market.
- Tough enough to endure temperatures of -60c – 150c.
- Safe and will not lash out and cut.
- User friendly at only 1/7th the weight of steel.
- Versatile and adapts to any size and shape and will not rust, stain or mar merchandise.
- Cost effective.
- Shock absorbent.
- Easy to dispose of.
- Custom printing availabe.
- Damage claims reduced.
CARISTRAP & THE MINING INDUSTRY
Caristrap International Inc. is proud to be the first non-metallic strapping to be approved by AAR (Association of American Railroads). Also, Caristrap was the first non-metallic strapping manufacturer to achieve ISO 9001-2000 certification and ASTM (American Standards and Testing Methods International Standards Worldwide).
VRM MINING (Plugging Boreholes)
Caristrap is a tested replacement for 3/8” diameter rope for plugging boreholes in Vertical Retreat Mining (VRM).
It is a ribbon like strapping cord made of polyester and comes in varying widths from ¼” to 1¼”. Its ribbon like shape causes it to lay flat on the footwall of the hole and not get tangled in cordlines or hamper loading operations.
Load Securement in the Mining Industry
The mining industry relies on Caristrap’s Weatherguard strapping, and benefits in an outstanding way.
The strapping commonly used to unitize bundles going underground is 1 ¼’ x .031 steel. Steel strapping of this type is hard to handle and can easily injure the shipper or miner. 1 ¼” Weatherguard (105 WGJ) is light weight (half the weight of steel), tough, and very user-friendly with no cutting edges. Bundles are easy to separate with a knife or other cutting tool.
Common Injuries are caused by steel lashing out and hurting nearby workers when tension is released by cutting. Weatherguard is soft and will not cause bodily harm when released. The sharp, rigid nature of steel also causes numerous injuries from general handling conditions. Pieces of Weatherguard underfoot will not damage personnel or tires.
Disposal of Weatherguard is also a simple, low risk operation. The product can easily be rolled or folded up and disposed of as non-hazardous waste in the nearest trash container.